When hard times hit, it seems there’s always more month than a paycheck. And the only way to fill in the gap—and keep food on the table—is to figure out how to make extra money as fast as possible.
So when it comes to taking the importance of your Walls (food, utilities, shelter and transportation), finding ways to increase your money and savings quickly can go a long way. That’s why we’ve put together a list of 32 ways you can make extra money at home, online or on the side.
Ready to get to work?
1:Create an online store for e-commerce and dropshipping
Shopify: Selling things is a great way to make money whether you sell things you make or re-sell stuff you buy.
If you want to build an online store, Shopify makes it easy. They have already made templates, so you don’t have to spend time designing your store.
We sell everything we don’t need and sometimes the items we got for deals or even free. Shopify is also the favourite platform for drop shippers.
What is dropshipping? It’s creating the process of creating an online store (automated) and signing up with a product distributor that will mail products directly to your customers.
Since the products you sell ship directly to your customers, you don’t need to hold inventory or mail anything. All you need to do is find cool products and market your website. Some are saying it’s the ultimate online business.
2:Bank signup offers.
There is so much competition between banks that some offer cash bonuses when you open a new account as a way to attract new customers – and for you to save money.
There are usually some stipulations; you use direct deposit or pay a certain number of bills online, the account must be open for a minimum length of time or keep a minimum balance.
But most of the criteria are easy to meet and signing up can make you a few hundred bucks.
3: Take surveys.
Look into survey sites like MyPoints, Survey Junkie or Vindale Research where you’ll get paid just for taking surveys and giving your opinion. Sounds like a pretty sweet deal, right? Just remember, these sites are looking for really specific things when they pick people. So you might not qualify for every survey you come across.
Plus, you’ll have to finish a certain number of surveys before you can cash out your points. It’s not a get-rich-quick plan by any means, but that extra cash can still add up over time. If you are the patient and persistent type, give it a shot!
4:Get cashback from apps.
There are plenty of mobile apps out there that can show you how to make extra money just by doing simple things. We’re talking easy here—like grabbing-your-phone-and-scanning-your-receipt easy. Check out mobile apps like Ibotta, Rakuten, Shopkick, Receipt Hog and Dosh to score some extra cash without too much work on your part.
5: Become a social media manager.
Most companies have a social media presence. Not only is it free marketing, but it’s also a way to stay connected to their customers (or future customers) and build a following. But it can be a daunting task for smaller companies who don’t have many team members. That’s where you come in. If you have a knack for creativity, connecting with others, and a knowledge of different social media channels—this might be right up your alley!
6:Start your own (online) business.
If you are just looking for a quick way to make cash on nights or weekends for a short time, then maybe this one isn’t for you. But if you’re ready to turn your dream of starting your own business into a reality, there’s never been a better time to do it! Online platforms like Amazon and Big Cartel have made it easier than ever.
7:Deliver Food for Local Restaurants
- Restaurants that get a lot of requests for food delivery (pizza joints) hire full-time employees that just deliver food.
- But what about restaurants that rarely get delivery orders? It doesn’t make sense for them to hire dedicated delivery guys.
- Technology has solved this problem — and it’s an easy way for you to make extra cash.
- This is how it works: Uber drivers take people from one place to another. Uber Eats drivers, however, take food orders from restaurants to customers. Instead of the app pinging you that a passenger needs a ride, the app pings you that a restaurant needs food delivered.
8:Lease your home.
- If you have an extra room or can remain with your parents in law or companions without prior warning, should consider leasing your home on Airbnb. Suppose you choose to lease your upstairs visitor room and restroom to two visitors. Here in the Nashville zone, you’d have a month to month winning capability of more than $1,000.5 Not excessively decrepit by any stretch of the imagination!
- In any case, shouldn’t something be said about the dangers of opening up your home to outsiders? Airbnb offers inadvertent harm inclusion on your home—as much as a million dollars of inclusion, to be precise. They likewise offer host assurance protection just if a visitor gets injured while remaining on your property.
- While Airbnb doesn’t screen every individual visitor, they do let hosts and visitors rate one another. That way you can feel calmer about who you’re allowing into your home